We know that changing your home and/or becoming independent is a hard and vital decision for the rest of your life. That is why we have made this definitive guide with the keys to choose your perfect home. It is important that you do not determine your decision by the first impression and that you remember that a nice house on the outside does not mean that you do not have problems inside that, in the long run, can cost you dearly. Well, now we go one by one and step by step…
Steps to choose the best home:
1st step: Make your wish list and needs
Make a list of wants and needs to go marking the requirements that meet each of the homes you are going to visit. So you can compare and especially make the first screen.
2nd step: Calculate your budget
- How much money do I have?
- How much money can you lend me?
- How much am I willing to spend?
By answering these questions you can determine the range in which your budget will be adjusted.
3rd step: Search in all possible ways
- Internet: You have a lot of portals to choose from, but even if you visit many, it is essential that you live the main ones, since they have the majority of the real estate offer nowadays. What is interesting here is that you set up your filters with the criteria you are looking for so that once a day they send you an email with all the ads that comply with them.
- Real Estate: You have many real estate agents in Spain that can help you but make sure they work as you like. A good real estate agent will be responsible for making an economic study to suit you, a market study with all the homes that meet your criteria, give your opinion based on your knowledge and assessment and make the economic valuation of each property, negotiate with the owners and present your proposal, even seek funding (although this point we will see in detail later), find out if the house has any hidden information or debts, prepare all paperwork with the notary, among many other things.
But above all, even if you think your fees are high, they may come out for free, since the money you save negotiating the price can be much higher than their fees.
4th step: Find out about the real estate market (report)
The more knowledge you have about the real estate market in which you intend to acquire a house, the better prepared you will be to make a good decision. Here we leave you our special report on the real estate sector.
5th step: Make a planning with the houses to visit
Once you have your favorites contact the agencies or individuals and get a planning to visit the number of houses that you consider appropriate, always depending on the time availability you have. We recommend that you do not see more than 5 properties a day, because fatigue may cause you to lose your spirits and not be objective.
To make a good decision, our recommendation is that you visit 15 to 20 properties that then limit to 10, finally to 5 until finally, you decide on one.
6th step: Choose the form of payment well
Do you have money available? Great, then you just have to contact the owner or real estate agent, sign the papers and enjoy your ideal home.
Do you need financing? Choosing the ideal mortgage is one of the most important things to live well the rest of your life. Choosing a mortgage with low-interest rates, comfortable terms are essential.